Visit Yummy Mummy

Murphy Family Photography Session - The best thing since kilts to come out of Scotland

For those that know me best, they know I absolutely love anything Scottish. So much so that when I "grow up", I very much want to be Claire Randall from the Diana Gabaldon-authored Outlander series. These are my absolute all-time favourite books and yes, I did just order my own personal copy of the 20th Anniversary signed edition from Diana's neighbourhood book store "The Poisoned Pen" (http://www.poisonedpen.com/) complete with cd of the new musical (eee!!!).
If you haven't yet read them, you must head on over to your local book store (my personal favourite for used books are the "Fair's Fair" stores here in Calgary), get yourself a copy and a nice cup o' tea and cozy in for the afternoon (yes, it will suck you in with the most wonderfully written characters ever! BTW ladies - in the world of fiction, Jamie Fraser is all mine ;) I also love a nice scottish burr, brown sauce, kilts and the mythos of Scotland (one day, I WILL get to go there on a trip!).

So, you may ask, where exactly am I going with all of this rambling on about Scotland? It is to introduce you to yet another thing that I have discovered that's great about Scotland; it's people. And more specifically, the Murphy family. They are recently (has it been 4 years already?!) moved to Canada and I am going to make the brash statement that we, as Canadians, are so lucky to have them here and I'm sure Scotland is missing a real treasure now (but I do sure hope they stay here in Canada ;)  And don't they just look fabulous in front of the camera too? Awesome job to all the Murphy's for such a wonderful session. You were all rock stars in front of the camera!

Family Murphy - Inglewood



Little "C" is such an awesome location scout, he found this wonderful little nook and just cozied in :)
And of course his little sis had to give it a try too ;)


Miss "S" is definitely growing up to be a beauty!

And it's no wonder the kids are gorgeous with parents such as "C" & "P"

To view their "rock star" video of the session,

click here ----> http://video214.com/play/HKVQGU2LWW61HWtHcau1Pg/s/dark


Cheers!

lil' mama photog


P.S. - I am also working on a blog series about Inglewood, the awesome and eclectic neighbourhood where we took all these fabulous images. So if you're on the hunt for a few new ideas on an old community for photography, stay tuned :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Photographer, mother, wife, sister, daughter and loving it all :)