Visit Yummy Mummy

Photography Parties

A great part about being a photographer is being able to capture memories for our kids and grandkids once we are gone. Or even creating those extra special moments to share with friends and families. Because of this, and because of the documentary nature of photography, there has been a resurgence lately, since the advent of digital photography, in women being photographers. We are not only the caretakers for our families, but are now the documentarians too. We want to preserve these fabulous childhood memories for our kids and as such, many of us are picking up our dSLRs and doing just that. I, for one, am so glad that my father was a photographer and that I now have the opportunity to look back on my childhood memories and also share these with my own children. And I look forward to creating the same opportunities for my children.
My father and I, in the 1970's

Now, for all those tireless mommies who are now the proud owners of their very own SLR (that's the "fancy" camera where you can switch lenses), wouldn't it be nice to be able to control it a bit and capture those memories the way you see them? Wouldn't it be so nice to know the answers to the following questions?

- What is ISO?
- How do I get a nice blurry background?
- How can I take a picture of my kid without it being blurry?
- How do I take a picture indoors without it being so dark?
- What do these buttons do on my camera?
- What is the best lens to have for children's photography?

Oh... and the biggest question of all when it comes to busy moms; "How can I get a night off to have fun?"
Image credit - MU Photography

In recognition of the fact that now, more than ever, most photographers out there today are women and "momtographers" and we too deserve a night out to chat, hang out, have some fun and maybe learn a bit, Yummy Mummy Photography Parties were created. They're a chance for women to get together with other women and get a woman's perspective on photography. We, as women, like to chat and have fun, not sit in a stuffy classroom, learning from a boring professor up front. This is what these parties are all about. Come on out, learn and have fun.

If you want more info, please visit www.yummymummyphoto.com

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Photographer, mother, wife, sister, daughter and loving it all :)